Changes at Appellation America
The Appellation America website and the Best-of-Appellation (BOA) wine evaluation program will be continuing indefinitely, but in response to financial constraints, we have reduced staffing and we will not be adding new feature articles after mid-August, apart from those relating to BOA.
Available to subscribers is the following excellent content:
- Our renowned Winery Index, Grape Index and Appellation Index (over 5200 wineries; ~300 appellations; 144 grape varietals).
- Results from our Best-of-Appellation wine evaluation program:
- the list of award winning wines (soon to number one thousand) with tasting notes for each from our Panel of experts;
- our "Blue Book of Appellation Taste Profiles" that describes the distinctive characteristics of each appellation, varietal by varietal (unique and soon to become the gold standard in the wine world);
- new award results as they emerge;
- new articles arising from regional evaluations.
- Our archive of hundreds of articles by some of the best wine writers of the U.S. and Canada.
At about a dollar a week, subscription is a tremendous value.
We know that you value Appellation America and believe in its mission to discover the distinctive characteristics of North America's wine growing regions. We hope that in the weeks and months ahead more of you will support this effort by subscribing and gaining continued access to content that can be found nowhere else. (See more on Subscriber Benefits.)
The team at Appellation America